Sugar seems to be the one ingredient included in all desserts, so what happens when you don't use it. Can your dessert still be amazing? This week the trio answer the question can a dessert be both sugarless and awesome?
3 Friends Having Dessert is the podcast that answers all the dessert questions you never knew you had. Sarah, Aaron, and Derek, the owners of Sarah's Stands, get together every week to explore the dessert world's sweet secrets and indulgent cravings.
To sweet talk, email us at email@example.com.
Derek's Sugar Free Crisp5 cups of fruit of choice (Derek went with Bananas & Blueberries)
3 Tbsp of OJ (double check it's sugar free)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
1 Tbsp of coconut oil Pinch of salt Optional spices - Minced Ginger or Cinnamon
How to do make it?1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Chop fruit into bitesized bites.
3) In a 2 qrt backing sheet toss together fruit, OJ, and Salt.
4) Mix together Oats, Nuts, and any optional spices.
5) Pour Oats mixture over the fruit.
6) Drizzle coconut oil over the oats.
7) Bake till a crisp for 30-35 mins. For an extra crisp use broil for a moment.
Sarah's Sugar Free Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups packed Almond Meal
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp baking soda pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups packed pitted dates
1/2 cup Water
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tsp vanilla
How to make it?
1) Preheat oven 325 degrees
2) Mix together Almond Meal, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt
3) Mix water and dates together using a food processor into a paste
4) Mix egg, coconut oil, and vanilla with the dates until smooth.
5) Mix everything together.
6) Pour batter into a 8 inch greased cake pan.
7) Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick pulls clean. Let cool for 10 minutes
***for complete details check out Spoonful of Sugarfree
Aaron's Sugar Free Banana Ice Cream
Chopped up froozen banana
Optional cinamon, peanut butter, honey, or anything else that strikes your fancy
How to make it1) Put everything in the blender and blend till creamy smooth.
***For more detials check out The Kitchn